On August 20th, Mars moves into the sign of Gemini. Usually, Mars transits a sign for roughly two months. However, this is a special Mars transit as Mars will be in the sign of Gemini until March 25, 2023. This means that Mars will be moving through the sign of Gemini for seven months! This doesn’t happen often and so it is significant that Mars, the planet that motivates Being flexible and open-minded is an asset during this transit. While Mars in Gemini can make us a bit scatter-brained, there is also great potential to acquire information that can get us moving in new directions.
Mars in Gemini Transit Dates
Given that Mars will be transiting the sign of Gemini for seven months, it’s important to know the dates that Mars will move through the sign of Gemini. The following is a brief overview of the specific dates of the Mars in Gemini transit.
- August 20th, 2022-Mars moves into Gemini.
- October 30th, 2022-Mars turns retrograde in Gemini at 25 degrees.
- January 12, 2023-Mars turns direct in Gemini at 8 degrees.
- March 25, 2023-Mars leaves Gemini and enters Cancer
With Mars in Gemini for the next seven months, we’re definitely going to be mentally focused. Our motivations will be oriented towards information, communication, and the discovery and exploration of varied perspectives and ideas. Courtesy of Gemini, there will even be a bit of cleverness and trickery added to the mix.
How are we likely to experience the Mars in Gemini transit? Well, this transit will definitely get people talking…a lot. This is a type of energy that motivates us to get out and connect with others primarily because of the desire to know more. There’s a curiosity that propels us forward. Information will be readily available and people will be sharing more than usual.
There are some stipulations with the availability of information under the Mars in Gemini transit. Gemini is a dual-bodied sign known for duplicity. So, while there will be lots of information collecting and sharing, not all information will be accurate. From talking with friends to reading the latest information on social media, it will be up to us to determine whether or not the information we are exposed to is worthwhile.
Under the energy of Mars in Gemini, there is also the desire to become a multitasker. This is an excellent time to understand that we can be more than one thing. Gemini prides itself on knowing a little about a lot of things. The energy of Mars in Gemini prompts us to become multitaskers and multi-learners. Dipping our feet in numerous ponds at the same time offers us the ability to gather information and then share out varied insights with others during the Mars in Gemini transit.
Mars also rules the sex drive, and this planet’s transit through the curious sign of Gemini ups our interest in others sexually. If we’ve always wanted to date a certain type of person or try something different sexually, Mars in Gemini gives us the motivation to satisfy our curiosities. Likewise, Mars in Gemini likes having options when it comes to sexual partners, so some of us may find ourselves in situations where we are considering more than one sexual partner simultaneously.
Due to the mental energy associated with Gemini, Mars in Gemini can create mental overstimulation. Furthermore, while we are motivated to seek out new information, due to the mutable, changeable energy of Gemini, our ideas may not have much follow-through without some active push from ourselves. Also, Mars in Gemini can scatter our energy and create a short attention span so that we are on to the next thing that piques our interest. Thus, it is important to be aware of scattering our energy under this 7-month Mars in Gemini transit.
Benefits of Mars in Gemini Transit
With Mars transiting Gemini for seven months, it’s important to know how to use this energy to our advantage. The following are some benefits of the Mars in Gemini transit.
- Enhanced ability to solve puzzles and problems
- The ability to ferret out information
- Increased curiosity that opens us up to new people, places, and things
- The ability to multitask effectively
- Increased awareness of different perspectives
- More effective communication
We can make the most of the Mars in Gemini transit by actively putting this energy to use. In general, Mars is an active planet that requires action. The best way to get through this Mars in Gemini transit is to utilize the energy of Gemini in a forward-moving manner. Even for those who aren’t the most talkative or social, such activities as journaling or recording thoughts and mental ramblings via a tape recorder are highly recommended. It’s very important to get out all of the information and mental energy that we have at this time. If we don’t do this, Mars has a habit of imploding on itself.
Precautions for the Mars in Gemini Transit
As with any energy, just as there are benefits to this Mars in Gemini transit, there are also some drawbacks as well. Given that we’re dealing with Gemini energy, there is a propensity to overdo the communication and information orientation of this energy. The following are some precautions that come with this seven-month Mars in Gemini transit.
- Be very careful when it comes to gossip. There will be a Mars retrograde in Gemini which could result in anything that was previously said coming back to us.
- Be very mindful of duplicity at this time. Whether intentional or not, Gemini is a sign of two faces. This could result in people purposely choosing to be two-faced in order to get ahead. Remember, Mars is the energy associated with ambition and moving forward.
- Be mindful of over-sharing information particularly if the information does not belong to us. All information is not factual. We may want to spend time fact-checking information before sharing it.
- Given that Mars, the planet that rules the sex drive is moving through the sign of Gemini, this could increase our curiosity about other people sexually. There could be a propensity to engage in sexual activity with multiple partners, and this could even show up as cheating and/or infidelity. Please be aware that this energy does not have to be utilized in this matter. Instead of choosing to have more than one partner, the energy of curiosity associated with Mars in Gemini could be used to explore sexual curiosities in an agreed-upon sexual relationship or with a committed partner.
- The Mercury-ruled Mars in Gemini transit will definitely increase anxiety for some. It is important to take time to decompress mentally, particularly for those who have a history of anxiety and/or nervousness.
Let’s get ready for this seven-month transit of Mars in Gemini! There’s lots of information, lots of communication, different perspectives, and boundless curiosity to keep us engaged. Make sure to actively use Mars in Gemini energy in a way that is beneficial and prompts forward movement, especially in terms of knowing more about people, places, and things. Stay curious. Be open-minded, and enjoy access to information and communication.
Explore Games and Apps