Mars Square Saturn: Too Push Forward or Not…That is the Question
On January 13th, Mars in Taurus squares Saturn in Aquarius. We are probably already feeling this energy as it comes upon us. Energetically, Mars square Aquarius is tense energy where the desire to act from the will (Mars) meets limitations set forth by Saturn.
Due to the tense energetic exchange, both parties are not happy and coming to a resolution can be difficult. Ultimately, with this energy, we have to figure out how to take action (Mars) despite limitations (Saturn). Yes, this is tough energy to navigate, but it can and has been done before, and we can do it both personally and collectively.Read More »
The squaring off between Mars and Saturn occurs in the signs of Taurus and Aquarius. Traditionally, Mars in Taurus prefers to root itself firmly in order to create a foundation that will enable it to slowly build. Mars in Taurus energy does not like to be rushed nor does it want interference from others about how it should act. When Mars is in the sign of Taurus, the actions are taken slowly and carefully to ensure that the end result of the action is secure. Saturn in Aquarius shows limitations and obstacles pertaining to freedom as Aquarius/Uranus energy is all about being unique and living life on your own terms. When Mars in Taurus squares Saturn in Aquarius, this can result in feelings of frustration from not being able to act (Mars) in the desired manner due to suppression from other authority figures (Saturn).
The Battle Against Authority
Traditionally, tense energies between Mars and Saturn involve some form of battle where the Martian energy feels that authority of some form, a Saturn figure, is suppressing their forward movement. Mars in Taurus is usually slow to anger, but when anger is expressed it can be quite potent. Mars in Taurus also usually fights when its security is threatened. Adding Saturn in Aquarius to the mix, there appear to be limits on universal freedoms and lessons centered around supporting the community, humanitarian endeavors, and honoring the rights to equality for all. In this current climate, we can see how this energy can play out collectively. There are many who feel that they are fighting against all forms of solid, traditional authority. Personally, this can manifest in a variety of ways from disagreements and tension with managers and arguments with people in our lives whom we view as authority figures. Basically, anyone that we may view as blocking our path forward.
The tension between Mars and Saturn teaches us the importance of choosing which battles to fight as well as keeping a strong will while pressing forward even when there is obvious suppression from entities that have control.
Ways to Handle Mars Square Saturn
Let’s face it. Mars square Saturn is tough energy to navigate, but there are ways to utilize it in an effective way. The following are some tips to assist with dealing with the energy of suppression from a perceived authority.
- Patience is key as there may be obstacles to getting ahead. Understand that with Saturn in the mix there are likely to be delayed, but a delay is not a no. Harness the martian energy to press forward despite what is being encountered.
- Identify and acknowledge the feelings of suppression. It is difficult to fix that which we refuse to acknowledge. If we feel as if there are energies in higher places that are preventing our forward movement, it is important to honestly address these feelings in order to come up with possible solutions.
- Consider what and whom we are fighting. Consider what and whom we feel are oppressing and/or limiting us. If the person or entities have authority, are there ways that we can still honor our desire to move forward despite the control?
- Don’t let your temper get the best of you (Martian energy in effect here). The tension created with the Mars and Saturn square can cause a blow-up…even with Mars in Taurus. Eventually, Mars in Taurus will get tired of having its willpower stomped on by the Saturn authority figure, and Mars in Taurus will blow…and it won’t be pretty. Find a constructive way to talk about frustration. If that is not possible, releasing the pent up energy via physical activity such as exercise, sports, or martial arts is highly recommended.
- Be responsible for your circumstances and take away your Saturn lesson so that you can move forward. Even when we are aware that there are people or entities in charge that are limiting us, we still have control over ourselves. During this time, if we feel limited, it is important to ask ourselves what are the lessons associated with having our actions and/or will be suppressed by those in charge.
Simple Method ''Ends'' Tinnitus - Stops Ringing Ears (Watch)
Overall, this energy requires a conscious effort due to the tense aspects. Always remember that we have the power to control ourselves and how we respond to any situation. Here’s to all of us navigating this energy from a level head and with the desire to move forward on our own terms. Keep fighting for what you want with the understanding that your efforts will require both time and but it will all pay off in the long run.
Explore Games and Apps