Our Take on the Modern Love Podcast
Is it as Good as the New York Times Column?
The New York Times has a successful weekly column called “Modern Love.” In it, modern-day relationships are chronicled, and both the good and the bad elements are explored. As one of the paper’s most popular features, it made sense to continue to run it while transferring the concept into podcast form.Read More »
Pros and Cons
Read below for some pros and cons of the podcast.
- More than 18 years of advice: The column has been giving readers advice for over 18 years, and the podcast has been successful for years as well. They are popular for a reason—the content is relatable and fresh!
- Inspirational: Modern Love is inspirational for a couple of reasons: First, you may be inspired to tackle your relationships in a different way after listening. Secondly, in addition to a podcast, the column has already inspired a show on Prime, as well as a few books.
- Short Episodes: Every episode is about 15 to 20 minutes long—just enough time to fold your laundry or go for a brisk walk around the block. No worries about falling asleep due to boredom or not having enough time to listen to episodes in one sitting!
- No Fakeness: The stories told are genuine and real, not fake or made up, which makes them easier to listen to.
- Storytelling at Its Best: Since the podcast is produced by the New York Times, you can rest assured that it deals with storytelling at its best.
- Complicated Subjects: Relationships are messy—and complicated. Not every story is easily resolved.
- Mature Subject Matter: Most subjects covered are not for kids or younger listeners. Common themes include secrets, lies and betrayal.
Modern Love Podcast: A Review
If you like listening to stories that are raw, real and oh-so-relatable, you should consider downloading the Modern Love podcast. Those who are going through relationship drama may want to reconsider, though. All and all, it offers an in-depth look at dating and relationships in a more authentic way than any reality TV show—which is both good and bad.
Echo Dot (3rd Gen, 2018 release) – Smart speaker with Alexa – CharcoalView Deal
Avid readers of the column will like this for sure. What are you waiting for? Give it a listen soon. Tune into new episodes every Wednesday.
After 30 Years, This 80s Star Emerges and Looks Incredible
Know people who would like the Modern Love podcast? Spread the word. Did you find this useful? Feel free to bookmark or post to your timeline for reference later!
Explore Games and Apps