Love the language learning app Duolingo? Are you looking to learn Spanish or enhance your comprehension skills? Consider checking out the Duolingo Spanish Podcast, an extensive of the app that has enjoyed a quiet success since its launch. Duolingo’s podcasts enhance learning through integrating a learner’s native language with the one that they are learning. They are mainly for listening comprehension, but they can work as speaking practice as well if you repeat what you are listening to. Each podcast season covers a different topic. The Duolingo Spanish Podcast is for English speakers that are learning Spanish. Is it worth a download? Our review will give you the scoop so you can make that decision for yourself.
The 411 on the PodcastRead More »
- From the makers of the hit app: The Podcast features the same quirkiness and fun of the Duolingo app.
- Life lessons: Learn more about life from those whose lives are both different—and similar to—what you may be used to.
- Combines Spanish and English: Unlike lots of other podcasts, Duolingo’s combines Spanish with English, so there is no ‘phrase overload.’ Subjects are also introduced in a basic way to make them accessible to language learners at a variety of levels.
- Transcripts available: Want to follow along with what is said? Pull up a written transcript as you listen. This can help you combine reading, listening and speaking, almost like a lesson on the app!
- Real-life stories: Stories that are told are authentic and culturally relevant, told by native speakers and language learners alike.
- Free: People can listen to the Duolingo Spanish Podcast at no cost. They do not even need to download and use the app to listen!
- Topics are limited: A recent season told a mystery story. Another season focused on topics related to the environment and conservation.Both of these are interesting topics, but they not do have universal appeal.
- Might be too complicated: Depending on your level of Spanish comprehension, the Duolingo Spanish Podcast might be too complicated for you to understand. It is best for intermediate to advanced language learners.
- Adult Topics: The topics of the podcasts do not always interest kids.
The Duolingo Spanish Podcast: Our Review
If you are eager to open up your Spanish language learning to new directions, and are at least a B1 intermediate-level speaker, we recommend downloading the Duolingo Spanish Podcast to enhance your learning. After all, it is free! Those who are looking for something a bit more basic may want to wait until they have practiced and completed more lessons with Duo’s help before diving in. No matter what you decide, the Duolingo Spanish Podcast should not be slept on!
Did you find this useful to complement your Duolingo language learning and practice? Feel free to bookmark or post to your timeline for reference later!
Explore Games and Apps