The Stuff You Should Know podcast first aired in 2008. The hosts, Josh Clark and Chuck Bryant, come together during each episode to explore fascinating topics. These topics cover a wide range of subjects. Recent episodes have examined ants colonies, fortune cookies, and the science behind forgiveness. No matter the subject, though, Bryant and Clark aim to provide well-researched commentary that is both entertaining and educational to listeners.
Stuff You Should Know, often known by the abbreviation SYSK, releases several episodes per week. Most episodes are between 45 minutes and one hour long. Periodically, however, Clark and Bryant release sub-20 minutes episodes called “Short Stuff”. The podcast is published by iHeartRadio.Read More »
Why Listen To SYSK? An Overview
Stuff You Should Know is an excellent podcast for listeners who are naturally curious and enjoy learning. The structure of each show is simple: the hosts introduce a topic at the beginning of the episode before exploring relevant research and opinions about the subject. The conversations are casual and sprinkled with humor throughout, so there are plenty of laughs.
Stuff You Should Know is one of the most popular podcasts in the world for good reason. With unique topics and a casual approach to education, the show appeals to a broad base of listeners. Episodes are great to listen to while multitasking, commuting, or simply relaxing. Here is a breakdown of SYSK’s greatest strengths and weaknesses:
Stuff You Should Know: What Is There To Love?
- The SYKS podcast does an excellent job of being both informative and engaging at the same time. Even while covering topics that would ordinarily bore some listeners, the chemistry between the hosts makes episodes easy to digest. Their discussions are down-to-earth, like two best friends discussing an interesting topic together.
- Another strength of Stuff You Should Know is consistency. Many podcasts release new episodes sporadically, and others only publish content several times per month. SYKS, however, produces a high volume of episodes. On average, between three and four new episodes are released each week.
- The Stuff You Should Know podcast has an uncanny ability to spark conversation. Since the show is so well-established and popular, people can often find friends, coworkers, and family members to discuss episodes with. Even those who don’t live and work in proximity to other SYSK listeners will be able to take what they have learned from the show and use it in social scenarios.
Stuff You Should Know: What Could Be Better?
- Listeners should understand that there are sometimes factual errors in SYSK content. This especially applies to the more technical or science-heavy episodes. Although Clark and Bryant work hard to research topics thoroughly, they are not experts. Because of this, they provide inaccurate information from time to time.
- One positive aspect of the podcast is its humor. At times, though, the comedy distracts from the subject at hand. Because the hosts have such good chemistry, they frequently have side conversations that, while entertaining, do not contribute to their content in a meaningful way. To some listeners, this comes across as mere filler that serves to make episodes longer, but no more educational.
- The Stuff You Should Know podcast contains more than 1,800 episodes as of January 2022. As the show has gotten older and more popular over the years, the content is not always as original as it once was. Sometimes, the hosts release discussions about topics that have already been covered in years past. Dedicated listeners may find this to be frustrating.
Stuff You Should Know is a podcast that will allow listeners to learn and laugh at the same time. The show will spark curiosity, generate conversations, and keep people coming back for more. Although there are some minor flaws with the show, SYSK more than makes up for those flaws with their consistent quality.
Explore Games and Apps