This week, Disney World celebrates 50 years of magic and memories. From the beginning of Walt’s dream in 1953 to the 50th anniversary on October 1, we’re looking back at five decades that have shaped history and made memories for millions of people around the world. We can’t wait for this weekend’s festivities—including a special ceremony with Mickey Mouse himself! After 50 years, it’s challenging to pick just one favorite experience from our time at Disney World.
But if you had to think about it for a minute or two (or more), here are some things you might consider as your favorites:
– The fireworks show every night
– The parade every night
– Meeting our favorite characters in the parks (we can’t wait to meet Mickey Mouse!)
Event attractions and entertainment
• Attractions include Magic kingdom and Epcot. Magic Kingdom has TRON Lightcycle Power Run (also known as TRON Lightcycle / Run) is a semi Mickey’s PhilharMagic. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Seven Dwarves Mine Train. It opened at Shanghai Disney land in 2016. Its iterate is set to open in 2022. Given the Tron: Legacy series, the fascination takes visitors to ride through The Grid on their Light Cycles. The napkin’s track takes riders inside and outside the fascination’s structure, arriving at velocities of more than 60 miles each hour (97 km/h)— the quickest for any Disney thrill ride.
• Some time ago, EPCOT Center (1982-1994), just as Epcot ’94 of every 1994 and Epcot ’95 for a short time frame in 1995, is the subsequent amusement park to open at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. It depends on Walt Disney’s EPCOT idea, the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, and a modern city imagined to be assembled south of the Magic Kingdom as a feature of Walt’s arrangements for Disney World during the 1960s.
• EPCOT has two themed “lands”: Future World and World Showcase. World Showcase highlights various nations from around the world addressed by structures with shops, shows, eateries, and attractions identifying with those nations. The rest, supplanting the previous Future World, houses attractions zeroing in principally on the future, schooling, and innovation. As a component of EPCOT’s progressing overhaul reported in 2019, the Future World name will ultimately be designed and partitioned into three “neighborhoods”: World Celebration, World Discovery, and World Nature, with the current World Showcase filling in as the fourth “neighborhood.”
It is expected that there will be lots of entertainment during the 5oth anniversary. The magic kingdom and EPCOT will serve as two major entertainment points. Under the magic kingdom, visitors will enjoy
i) Disney Enchantment (since October 1, 2021)
ii) Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade (since October 1, 2021)
iii) Disney Fab 50 Character Collection (since October 1, 2021)
EPCOT will feature
• Harmonious (since October 1, 2021)
• Disney’s Animal Kingdom
• Disney KiteTails (since October 1, 2021)
• Disney Springs
• Drawn to Life (Opening on November 18, 2021)
Attendees for the Disney World 50th anniversary will dine in some of the best resorts in the EPCOT area. These include:
• The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel (Opening in Mid-October 2021)
• Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser (Opening on March 1, 2022)
• Space 220 (located near Mission: SPACE Pavilion) in World Discovery (since September 20, 2021)
Space 220 takes visitors on a culinary excursion into the stars. Taking a space lift (or stellarator) on a 220-mile venture up to the Centauri Space Station, visitors can appreciate top-notch food with all-encompassing day and night perspectives on the Earth through the station’s viewports
• Club Cool in World Celebration (since September 15, 2021)
Club Cool was a little fascinating, situated at the Innoventions West Pavilion at EPCOT. It opened in 2005, supplanting Ice Station Cool, which Coca-Cola additionally supported. Club Cool presented a tasting space for “New Coke” and other soft drinks worldwide. On September 15, 2021, following Walt Disney World’s resuming, EPCOT declared that a refreshed rendition would be moved to World Celebration as Walt Disney World’s 50th-anniversary feature. Visitors will taste all variations of soft drinks from the Coca-Cola company from ClubCool.
The race seasons named RunDisney will be as follows
• Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, powered by AfterShokz, will run from November 4-7, 2021.
• Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will be taking place from January 5-9, 2022.
• Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend will begin on February 24-27, 2022.
• RunDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend, presented by Otterbox, will run from March 31-April 3, 2022.
The 50th DisneyWolrld Celebrations cannot be complete without our famous Disney Characters. Visitors will meet all Disney Characters, including
• Mickey mouse
• Minnie Mouse
• Chip and Dale
• Donald Duck
• Daisy Duck and all Disney princes and princesses.
Seasonal events will run from the opening of the celebrations to the closing. They will include
• EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival (July 15-November 20, 2021). Visitors will tour the six continents through food and wine tasting. Different cultures will be represented through food. Thirty-two food booths will be available for the 50th Anniversary celebrations. New food booths for 2021 include Brew-Wing at the EPCOT Experience, Kenya (a renamed Africa booth), Lobster Landing, Mac & Eats, The Noodle Exchange, Rotunda Bistro in American Adventure, The Swanky Saucy Swine, and Tangierine Cafe — Flavors of the Medina.
• Disney After Hours: BOO BASH (August 10-October 31, 2021) will be held at the Magic Kingdom. Some of the delicacies that will be enjoyed here include ice cream, popcorn, and select beverages.
• Disney Very Merriest After Hours (November 8-December 21, 2021)
• EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays (November 21-December 30, 2021)
The 50th Anniversary theme song is titled “Live the Magic.”
Disneyworld’s 50th anniversary is going to be simply amazing! It’s exciting times as we await all the adventures that will take us into 50 years at Disney World.
Amidst all the fun, fair, and thrill, Covid-19 protocols will be observed. All guests above two years will be required to cover their faces in all indoor locations. This is regardless of your vaccination status. Face coverings are optional during outdoor activities.
All face coverings must be made of at least two layers of breathable material, cover both mouth and nouse and secure below the chin. Furthermore, it should fit snugly but comfortably on the sides of the face. The face coverings must-have tie ends to allow guests’ hands to be free.
Not all parks and hotels will be available due to health restrictions regarding the observation of Covid-19 protocols. Some restaurants will be modified to accommodate a few people to adhere to WHO directives of staying six feet apart.
Explore Games and Apps