Feeling lost romantically despite putting your best foot forward? Whether you wish to bring in your soulmate or increase the health and intimacy of an existing relationship, the flow of energy in your home and in particular your bedroom can work in your favor. Feng Shui offers several techniques, ideas, and quasi-mantras to aide in your romantic endeavors. So, let’s get into the details!
Let the Energy of Love Find You
Feng Shui teaches us that we must make room for what we wish to attract. How can you expect to find a partner, if the room you sleep in is set-up for one occupant? If you would like to bring in more romance and loving desires, then you need to make room for it. Here is a short list of some things to consider doubling:
1. Pillow sets
2. Bedside tables
Speaking to those currently in a relationship, the same principle may be applied. Does your bed have clear areas for both partners or does one person tend to have more space and lingering stuff? Extra items, like watches, belts, earrings, and books, that are left out muddy the energy in the room. It acts almost like a visual checklist of things to consider before romance! Decluttering is extremely important in long-term relationships, where we tend to accumulate memories, both good and bad. Here are some common energy grabbers to think about moving to another area, or at the very least keeping out of eyesight:
Items to Declutter from the Area of Romance
1. Laundry – clothes and the basket
2. Papers – work, fun, and otherwise
3. Exercise Pieces – equipment, magazines, and videoes
Artwork Speaks to What You Bring In
Another important tenant of Feng Shui is that what is displayed is what is brought in. If you have a painting of a person alone in your next to your bed, you are likely not attracting your future husband or wife. Rather, to help find your new partner, look to the artwork that reflects what you would like to do with him or her. Here is some advice on what to and what not to display for attracting romance:
Art Pieces to Bring in Romance
1. Hands that are coming together.
2. Activities you want to do with him or her.
3. Symbols that remind you of romance.
Art Pieces to Avoid
1. Figures alone or sad.
2. Unfriendly items, like cacti or preying animals.
3. Cold scenes.
This works, too, for those wishing to spice up a relationship. Take some time and go piece by piece with the artwork displayed in your room together. Decide if it feels happy and is in harmony with what you want to create. If so, then you are free to keep it. Otherwise, find a better magnet for your romantic energy.
Sensual Expressions of Romance
Feng Shui is all about the feeling a room emits. When you walk into your bedroom, how does it feel? On a scale from inviting and warm to stagnant and cold, where would you rank it. Wherever you fall, know that your love life likely has the same answer. When looking to improve a room’s vibration, Feng Shui gives the advice to focus on all five senses. Here is a breakdown of some of the things to do:
Sight: Similar to the aforementioned suggestions, what you see, immediately sets the tone of a room.
1. Absolutely no clutter in this room! It represents unwanted issues either with you or your family and relationship.
2. Use the colors of romance: reds, pinks, and light purples. Offset them with a neutral color: gray, brown, or taupe.
3. Add the wood element, either in paintings or with furniture. It gives the impression of growth.
Sound: Thoughts are often intermingled with the sounds in a room. A clear and loving mind can only work within the harmony of a room’s sound.
1. Nature sounds, like rain or a crackling fire to remind you of your natural instincts.
2. Music without lyrics to feel loving vibrations.
3. No talking T.V. at all! It gives the energy of distraction and second-best.
Feeling: Romance is felt first and foremost.
1. Satin, high-quality sheets to give a luxurious and smooth caress.
2. Comfortable mattress toppers, may be soft or firm depending on your preference.
3. Lace of some kind to evoke a sense of desire and passion.
Smell: Just as warm vanilla can invite you to the kitchen, so can fragrances draw romance to your bed.
1. Fragrance oils to invite romance to stay.
2. Fresh flowers as often as possible to remind you of a new passion.
3. No rotting food or remnant trash! If it stinks, so will your relationship.
Taste: Maybe you won’t eat in bed (or maybe you will), but you still want to consider what tastes are evoked.
1. Chocolate, whether as a paint color in the room or a bowl near your bed.
2. Champagne and strawberries, to remind how fresh your feelings are.
3. No leftover food!
Explore Games and Apps