What Does it Truly Mean to Be Happy? The Happiness Lab Podcast Answers This
You may have heard Dr. Laurie Santos’ name, and for good reason. She is a professor at Yale who studies all things happiness. Her course, called “The Science of Happiness,” is one of the Ivy League school’s most popular. Around 2020, a time when many people worldwide were searching for meaning and happiness, Dr. Santos decided to take happiness education beyond Yale, offering the course through Coursera and launching a podcast.
The podcast, The Happiness Lab, debuted in late 2019. But it has increased in meaning over time, as the world grapples with the impact of COVID-19, crises and more. Since The Happiness Lab could be meaningful to many of our audience, read our review of the podcast to determine whether or not you would like to download it.
The Lowdown on the PodcastRead More »
Each episode guides viewers toward getting a more detailed look into what happiness means. With the help of some experts, Dr. Santos shares research and stories that will have listeners tuning in to discover 1) more about the meaning of happiness and 2) how they can live happier lives.
See below for some pros and cons of this podcast.
- Timely topics: Are you feeling burnt out? Guilty all the time, but are not sure why? Each episode dives into topics that many people are experiencing—as they experience them.
- Special guests: Actors, scholars and more join Dr. Santos in many episodes to talk about aspects of their lives. What has made them happier, and what has not? Are these similar to what Dr. Santos has found in her research?
- Bonus Episodes: When Dr. Santos has more time, bonus episodes are released. This means there is more content for listeners to tune into!
- Thoughtful content: If you want to think more about what happiness is (and means to you), this podcast might be an ideal one for you to download.
- Heavy subject matter: This podcast does not shy away from difficult topics, from bad habits to isolation and everything in between. This can be a con depending on where you are at with your life.
- Deep listening is needed: If you are in search of a “fluff” podcast, this is not it! Every episode will get you thinking and maybe making some changes in your life.
- Long episodes: Episodes are roughly 30 minutes to an hour in length, so be prepared.
Echo Dot (3rd Gen, 2018 release) – Smart speaker with Alexa – CharcoalView Deal
Our Review of The Happiness Lab
Remember Her? Try Not to Gasp when You See Her Now
If you are in a position in your life to make some positive changes, or simply want to know more about happiness, we recommend downloading The Happiness Lab. It offers an expert-level view on how we can all live more fulfilling lives, and, thanks to its timeliness, is easy to listen to. Give it a download and see what it does for your life. We hope it leads to more fulfillment and joy!
Did you find this useful? If you want to download The Happiness Lab podcast now, spread the word to others who might also be interested. Feel free to bookmark or post to your timeline for reference later!
Explore Games and Apps