From December 20th to January 8th communication and thinking styles get a dose of seriousness as Mercury transits Capricorn. The Saturn influence of Mercury at this time offers us the opportunity to ground our thinking processes and approach communication in a reasonable and concrete manner. As Mercury in Capricorn is always thinking about how it wants to move forward, this is an excellent time to think about how we want to excel in the new year.
Mercury will also be making some additional positive aspects to other planets such as Uranus which will boost Mercury in Capricorn’s transiting energy. If you’ve been feeling like your head has been stuck in clouds or you’ve been uncertain about how to effectively communicate, the Mercury in Capricorn transit can definitely help you ground your ideas and make them into a reality.Read More »
When the grounding energy of Capricorn meets Mercury, expect people to want to get to the point. During this Mercury transit, there is a focus on communications that have a purpose with little bells, whistles, and frills. Boisterous talks and spirited exaggeration went out the door with Mercury in Sagittarius. Now, we will communicate in a much more efficient manner. As an earth sign, Capricorn considers the usefulness of its endeavors. Combined with Mercury, Capricorn considers carefully its style of communication.
On December 25th, Mercury in Capricorn will form a lovely, easy-going, trine aspect to Uranus in Taurus. This energy enables us to communicate in a succinct manner that helps to foster positive changes, revelations, and breakthroughs as noted by Uranus’ transiting position in Taurus. Capricorn is a cardinal sign that will utilize any incoming information to effect positive changes in a concrete way. It is very likely, due to the nature of Taurus fixed energy, that any changes in perspective garnered during the Mercury in Capricorn exchange with Uranus in Taurus are likely to lead to permanent shifts in perspective.
Mercury in Capricorn will also make contact with Mars in Taurus at the end of its transit around January 6th-8th. The combination of Mercury and Mars in positive aspects in grounded earth signs speaks to uniting the thoughts and perspectives with willpower and action. Mercury in Capricorn provides the base for creating solid plans while Mars in Taurus will take the slow, solid, steady approach to see the plans to fruition. Much of the execution offered by Mars in Taurus will be influenced by the enlightenment and breakthroughs that were experienced on December 25th when Mercury in Capricorn aspected Uranus in Taurus.
Expect communication to get deeper and more intimate when Mercury in Capricorn conjoins with Pluto in Capricorn. This increases seriousness where we can expect conversations to have an added layer of depth. Many of us will only want to have conversations with people that offer depth, intimacy, and total honesty. Seeking interactions that allow us to express and explore ourselves seriously and deeply are encouraged. This is not the type of energy that enjoys aimless banter, so make sure that mental and verbal exchanges are serious, adult-like, and have a solid purpose at this time.
Making the Most of the Mercury in Capricorn Transit
Mercury in Capricorn offers the potential to hone the ideas and apply them to the physical realm. Capricorn is a doer that wants to see the physical manifestation of its thoughts when it is transiting the sign of Mercury. With the New Year upon us, now is a great time to make sense of our ideas and create a plan that will make them a reality. Here are some suggestions for maximizing the Mercury in Capricorn transit.
- -Keep your thoughts and conversations “high brow.” Capricorn is the sophisticated, mature sign of the zodiac. Speak when you have something of importance to say and by all means avoid gossip and sharing other people’s information. Being “loose” with other people’s information at this time will not go over well and could cause others to have a limited perception (Saturn/Capricorn) of you.
- Think things through. Mercury in Capricorn will not be rushed. It functions best when it has time to thoroughly analyze information before coming to a conclusion. Also, you may prefer to keep your “mental musings” to yourself or only share your thoughts and insights with people we deem to be mature and/or capable of understanding us.
- Harness discretion. Due to Saturn’s influence, Mercury in Capricorn tends to doubt incoming information out of a need to know that what is being experienced is solid. This transit will help us sift through information and interactions that are not best for us. So, get rich schemes, flowery words, and anything else that seems doubtful will get a thorough review under Mercury in Capricorn.
- Practical Thinking is Best. Under the Mercury in Capricorn transit, it is best to “do the right thing” when it comes to ideas and making them a reality. If preparing New Year’s resolutions/goals, practicality is our friend. It is a good time to think about our ideas and genuinely ask ourselves if our plans are practical. If so, move forward. If not, be willing to make the necessary changes so that your ideas have a solid springboard for manifestation.
Some Precautions for Mercury in Capricorn
Despite the grounding energy offered by the Mercury in Capricorn transit, there are a few precautions when integrating this energy.
- Being Judgemental. When Saturn the Taskmaster meets Mercury, the planet of communication, there is a tendency to hold other people to our standards. Capricorn is like the manager deciding whether we should get the promotion, and under this transit, we could judge others if we feel they are not “up to par” intellectually.
- Coldness. Capricorn is not known for it’s “feel good” nature. That’s the job of its opposite sign, Cancer. It is important to check our communication styles to avoid coming off as distant and cold.
- Negativity. Mercury in Capricorn offers us logical, straight-to-the-point communication that leaves little room for misinterpretation. Saturn’s influence can lend a rather somber and depressive vibe to our mental and communication capacities. Hold caution in avoiding depressive thoughts and talk due to a limited perception.