Horoscope 101: What a High School Teacher Might Glean by Knowing Students’ Astrological Sign
How Do Astrological Signs Affect our Learning?
It’s possible, perhaps even probable, that most high school teachers do not consider exploring a student’s astrological sign when they are analyzing and critiquing their individual learning style. But why not?
If knowing this information might help educators understand each individual student’s strengths and deficits, then perhaps this could be an effective practice. If our zodiac signs affect how we react under other conditions, then certainly there are indications that this information could be helpful.Read More »
Perhaps we can turn those tables just a bit and develop a type of assistive but surreptitious pedagogy that middle and high school teachers can implement. It is suggested for this practice to be somewhat quasi-clandestine due to different religious views and potential skepticism from parents.
How Does Zodiac Affect Learning Style?
How could/would knowing a student’s astrological sign help an educator understand their students’ behavior and learning style?
Note that the following suggestions are just that: suggestions. The nature, integrity, personalities, and norms of all people are formed by additional factors in addition to the alignment of the planets at the time of their birth. Other factors include, but are not limited to, upbringing, socioeconomic status, culture, geographic location, gender, religion, biological make-up, and more.
With that in mind, see how these ideas work for your classroom:
Best Guitarist of All Time Ranked, Where Does Your Favorite Gutarist Rank?
- Have students who are bit too pushy or maybe overly confident?
Know that some of that energy is innate and find channels in which to engage that optimistic attitude. Check your records and see if that energy might be coming from those born under these signs: Leo, Scorpio or Aries.
- At wit’s end with certain students showing stubbornness, obstinance, and defiance to the point of insubordination? Perhaps they are individuals born under these signs: Scorpio, Aries, Virgo, or Taurus. Sagittarius and Gemini may inadvertently break rules but usually not blatantly. They’re probably just trying to have a good time, entertaining others. or making bad jokes.
- Have students whose dogs perpetually eat their homework or they can get lost enroute to the bathroom? You may be dealing with some youngsters born under these signs and you’ll need to teach them some effective organizational skills: Sagittarius, Gemini, and Aquarius.
- Are you thinking about enlisting some students to help in leadership and public relations roles? For the most success, your best bet is likely to be found in Cancer, Leo, Libra, and Pisces. Those individuals either love people and have social prowess, or they will manipulate others into getting involved.
- Should you need some distinguished learners who would enjoy tutoring other students in need, or who would enjoy helping students younger than they are, engage these learners: Virgo, Capricorn, Pisces, Sagittarius, and Cance
- Planning a class party or fun event? Be sure to enlist the assistance and feedback of Sagittarius, Gemini, Aquarius, Libra, and Aries.
- Conversely, do you need some students to help take the lead in a progressive and serious project? Look to Capricorn, Virgo, and Taurus.
The Classroom is Not the Limit
Although this article was written as a guideline within the paradigm of a high school classroom, this information can be transferred to other paradigms (think the workplace). You may also wish to discover the astrological sign of your teacher and boss to find out the source for some of their teaching and/or leadership acumen.
Explore Games and Apps